International Adoption- Ukraine
Age of Parents: Between the ages of 24 and 50, no more than 45 years difference between parents and child.
Family Size: No Restrictions.
Married: Minimum of one year marriage. (New Horizons’ requirement is a minimum of two years)
TRAVEL: 2 trips are required.
First trip: Approximately 2-3 weeks with both parents present
Second trip: Approximately 1 week with only one parent
*Parents may elect to remain in the Ukraine the whole time for a total of 5-6 weeks.
*One parent may return home after the court hearing.
● Children of all ages are available.
● Siblings may be available, but are usually 5 years old and older.
● Special needs children are available.
● Children are only presented to the family after an invitation to travel is extended.
● The wait time for an invitation to travel is approximately 12 months or longer from the time the dossier is sent to Ukraine.
● Ukraine limits the number of children referred for international adoption each year.